Friday, July 26, 2013

Lunch with Connie Archer

What's the most exciting thing you can imagine that could happen to a cozy mystery fanatic? Getting to meet a favorite author, right? Well on Tuesday afternoon that's exactly what I did...I had lunch with Connie Archer, author of the wonderful Soup Lover's Mystery series.

Connie and I actually started corresponding last summer. It was a natural fit since her series is set in Vermont, my home state. She has done two wonderful guest blogs for me: Creating Snowflake, Vermont and The Missing.

Earlier this month she emailed me with the exciting news that she and her husband were planning to vacation in Vermont the week of the 20th, and was wondering if I would like to meet up with her for lunch. I responded that I would be absolutely delighted, but since at that point I was on 24/7 vigil with Tara, I said that we would have to play things by ear. As it turned out Tara passed away later that same night.

We arranged to meet up Tuesday afternoon and had lunch at Chipotle. Connie and her husband are just the sweetest people; it was like chatting with old friends. We talked about books, ThrillerFest, and swapped cat stories. (Her adorable kitty Basil will be featured in an upcoming Whiskers Behind the Words.)

It was a wonderful day that I will never forget, and I thank Connie so much for spending part of her vacation having lunch with a fan. Cozy mystery authors are just the greatest, aren't they???

Here we are!!!

I also got my books signed and she gave me the cutest Broth of Betrayal keychains!


7 comments:

holdenj said...

That sounds like such a fun time! I have only met a handful of authors myself, but have always been struck how friendly and familiar they seem. Which is probably why I like to read their books!

Katreader said...

How exciting and fun. It's both a wonder and wonderful how friendly, nice, and welcoming our cozy authors are. What a great experience!

meowmeowmans said...

That's really cool! I think it's especially neat that you had such a delightful time together, and that it was like being with old friends. :)

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

Beyond awesome!

Dru said...

Yes they are. Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could've joined you ladies! So glad you had a great time together. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa
We're finally home and recovering from our travels! Thanks again for coming out to meet us for lunch, it was really our pleasure and was definitely a huge highlight of our trip. Stay in touch, and all the best to you!
Basil is looking forward to having his story told and his moment of fame in "Whiskers Behind the Words." What a great idea that is! It'll be a big hit with cat lovers everywhere.